The concern with Environment and Sustainability is part of Granorte’s DNA. In fact, since the beginning of its activity, in 1972, the company is dedicated to the recycling of cork, adding value to the cork waste from the wine cork stoppers manufacturing industry. Having started as a cork granules producer, Granorte is now one of the leading companies in the production of sustainable coverings, developing environmentally responsible solutions that contribute to the conservation and protection of forests, supporting responsible practices for the conservation of biodiversity and the integrity of ecosystems.
Granorte’s cork products are produced from natural cork. Cork harvesting is done every nine years, without ever harming the tree in any way. After harvesting, a new layer of cork starts generating. This material is safe and hygienic, does not cause allergies and is very resistant to bacteria and fungi. The production of cork coverings does not use heavy metals compounds, PVC, plasticizers, formaldehyde or any other product dangerous to health or to the environment.
Beyond providing thermal and acoustic insulation, these coverings are light, comfortable, cozy and pleasing to the touch. They also benefit from the durability of cork, which, along with a number of specific treatments in the manufacturing process, make them more resistant to wear, water, stains and are very easy to clean.
Of the many products developed with sustainability criteria, we can stand out the:
- NATURALS – Traditional Cork Floors. With a fabulous assortment of designs, textures and colours, the NATURALS collection provides the perfect solution to create luxurious interior decorating styles from modern to traditional.
- VITA CLASSIC – Printed Cork Floors. Designed to reproduce the unique patterns and textures found in nature, VITA flooring combines the state-of-the-art digital printing technology with the durability and comfort of an eco-friendly cork surface.
- Floating Floor Installation | Uniclic®
- WEARTOP® ARMOR or HOTCOATING® finishing
- 1746x194x13,5 mm | 1164x194x10,5 mm | 910x300x10,5 mm
- Level of use: CLASS 23 | 32
- Warranty: 15/20 years Residential| 5/10 years Commercial
- MICROBAN® antimicrobial product protection
FSC® certified products available upon request.
Avenida de Santiago, 68
4520-470 Rio Meão | PORTUGAL
Phone: +351 256 783 026
Fax: +351 256 781 562